Waxing Advice & Aftercare Pre-treatment Tips and Advice
For best results hair needs to be 1/4" in length to ensure complete removal.
- DO NOT WAX if you have any of the following conditions: heart problems, varicose veins, poor circulation, diabetes, epilepsy, phlebitis or any skin conditions including sunburnt skin, cuts, swollen bruised areas, warts, moles, enema or recent scar tissue (3 months), undiagnosed bumps or hypersensitive skin. Waxing is also not advised if you are pregnant
- Please inform your therapist if you are using any of the following prescription drugs, as waxing is not recommended due to the possible side effects: Accutane, Retina-A, Alpha Hydroxyl and/or Glycolic based drugs
If it is your first wax, Reduce waxing pain?
- Do dull the nerves
- Prior to waxing apply something to numb the skin like No Scream Cream. Take an as- pirin or ibuprofen about 30 - 45 minutes before your wax
- Try to relax during treatment - yes, easier said than done! But the more relaxed you are, the easier it will be for your therapist to pull out the hairs, and the less pain it will cause. No pain no gain
Aftercare for Waxing - For 24~48 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid touching the waxed area with unwashed hands
- Avoid having a hot shower. Only cool shower
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing, friction or massage on the area
- Avoid exposing the area to the sun, sunlight or sunbed
- Avoid gym work
- Avoid applying talc; make up, fake-tanning, exfoliating products, or the use of body brush
- Avoid applying body sprays, deodorants, perfume, lotions or other products to the area other than those recommended by your therapist
- Avoid getting soaps or shower gels on your waxed areas during your first hair free shower. Just rinse off by cold-warm water
- Apply antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 2~3 days after the treatment if needed. Always wash your hands before applying any products
- No sex after Brazilian and Hollywood waxing to avoid STI
When do I make the next appointment?
Most people find the hair will start to re-grow within 7-10 days following treatment. It will take up to 4 treatments spaced evenly apart for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. The 6 week before your next appointment. Recommend regular waxing every 4~6 weeks before the hair roots fully develop, so you will have less pain and easily maintain your smooth appearance.